The Cultural Innovation International Prize is a biennial competition organised by the Centre of Contemporary Culture of Barcelona (CCCB) with the aim of incentivising projects which explore possible cultural scenarios for the coming years. The theme for the third edition of the Prize (2018-2019) is Internet.
What can we do, in the field of culture, to ensure a freer, more open and egalitarian Internet? The current edition of the Prize will be recognising innovative cultural projects that propose actions in areas such as accessibility and representation, security and privacy, technopolitics and social transformation, ecological impact, ethics and digital literacy, or any other key topic that contributes to citizen empowerment and an improved Internet.
The Jury has unanimously decided to award the III Cultural Innovation International Prize to the project World Wi(l)de Web, by Irene Merino Revilla and David Monreal Becerra. In addition, the members of the Jury have unanimously decided to give a special mention to the project Hyperaud.io, by Annabel Church and Mark Juan Boas.
This edition’s jury members are:
- Renata Ávila, international human rights lawyer and digital rights advocate. Executive Director at the Fundación Ciudadano Inteligente.
- Laura Vidal, editor of Global Voices and collaborator of the Internet Health Report.
- Marisol López, cultural manager specialised the digital field. Director of the Digital Culture Area of the Catalan Institute of Cultural Enterprises (ICEC) of the Government of Catalonia.
- Nnenna Nwakanma, open data, free software and digital government specialist. Policy Director at World Wide Web Foundation.
- Juan Insua, director of the CCCBLab, the CCCB department for cultural research and innovation.
Enter the email address you used to register as a user and we’ll send you a link to reset your password.