Descriptive and Narrative essays are two different types of essays. Students are confused with these two types of essays. These two essays are not closely linked, and the differences may not be clear to some students. Any age group can write descriptive and narrative essays through an essay writer. Both essays do not contain any facts or information. The main difference between a descriptive and narrative essay is that a descriptive essay summarizes or describes anything like an object, event, place, idea, emotion, or a person, and a narrative essay tells a story about a certain event based on its personal experience.
What is a Descriptive Essay?
Descriptive essay, a piece of writing that explains or describes something. In a descriptive essay, you can describe sensory information like sound, touch, smell, taste, and sight of the object. These are the significant factors of descriptive writing. You are using these five senses to give a clear picture of your topic to the reader’s mind. A well written descriptive essay can build a connection with the reader and allow the reader to be involved in the described environment. A descriptive essay adds fascinating details that help the reader visualize the characters in their mind.
Techniques of Descriptive Writing
Here are the techniques and strategies for writing a good descriptive essay.
- Use illustrative language to develop a logical picture of the subject.
- Use metaphors and help the reader to imagine the picture in their mind.
- Use sensory images.
- Use specific information that engages the reader’s attention.
- Use strong words or dialogues.
What is a Narrative Essay?
In narrative essay writing, the writer narrates a story. Describe a personal experience that is based on the author’s life. The writer does not use five senses to describe the topic, but he knows how to write the essay so that the reader will get the feel of the story. The writer is free to explain their own opinion based on real-life experience through essay writing service. A good narrative essay contains characters, a plot, and a strong story. If the writer uses dialogues in the essay, it gives a strong impression to the reader. The readers are more attracted to the narrative essay than a descriptive essay.
Techniques of Narrative Writing
A narrative essay is easier to write than a descriptive essay. But writing a good narrative essay also requires some techniques and tricks that should be used by writers.
- Chronological order is the main thing to define the events.
- Use strong characters that make the readers emotional.
- Use the flashback techniques and help the reader to understand the story.
- Use strong dialogue in the story.
- Write complete information and do not drag the story; the reader do not lose interest in your story.
- The plot of the essay is the substance of the story.
- The theme is the central point of the story, which you revealed in the story.
Difference between Descriptive and Narrative Essay Writing
The prime difference between descriptive and narrative writing is its purpose. When writing the essay, the writer knows the difference between these two types of essays. Some students need help to write my essay for me and consult professional writers. If you face any difficulty in writing the essay and do not know the difference between these two types of essays. Here are the few differences that every writer should know before writing a descriptive and narrative essay.
In a descriptive essay, provide a detailed description of the object. On the other hand, the narrative essay explains the personal experience.
A descriptive essay does not tell a story, but the narrative essay usually relates to a story.
A descriptive essay does not use the first-person narration and uses the third person point of view. In narrative essay writing, use the first-person perspective.
In a descriptive essay, you can write lengthy paragraphs. However, in narrative writing, you can write two sentences in one paragraph.
The conclusion part of the descriptive essay is long and in a more detailed form. However, in narrative writing, the ending part can be short and to the point.
Good Descriptive and Narrative Essay Topics
Sometimes choosing the essay topic becomes hard for some students to write my essay. If you have not a suitable topic in your mind, focus on this list and choose your essay’s most interesting topic.
Descriptive Essay Topics
- Describe your favorite person
- Describe an object that is special to you
- Describe your favorite childhood toy
- An emotion I haste to feel
- Describe one of your embarrassing moments
- Describe the worst day of your life
- What does your new car look like
- Top 10 amazing destinations in Asia
- The book I love the most
- Write about an actor that you admire a lot.
- Describe the beauty of the starry sky.
- Describe your favorite store
- Describe a person you hate
- Describe your dream wedding destination
- Write about your major accomplishments.
Narrative Essay Topics
- A story from your childhood
- A story when you got lost
- Why do you love sharing photos?
- The rise of Facebook
- Why do you love writing?
- A dangerous experience.
- Starting a new job
- Helping a stranger
- Learning a life lesson
- Your cultural identity
- How you wrote your first essay
- The role of television in your life
- Why are you a feminist?
- A crazy adventure with friends
Sum Up An Essay To Write A Narrative Article
Writing An Effective Research Paper With Example
Unique Resources In Research Paper Writing